There are many things to do within the vicinity:
- Restaurants and pubs are within easy walking distance as well as local shops including convenience stores, newsagents, drycleaners, hair dressers and beauty salons and a very good wine merchant.
- The sailing club is 3 minutes walk – located right on the beach it offers lessons and clubs for children as well as mooring. They organize a busy racing schedule and an annual regatta weekend all with a relaxed friendly family atmosphere.
- The tennis club is 10 minutes walk and has excellent courts and offers well qualified instruction.
- The golf course is 10 minutes drive, this has exceptional facilities, at affordable prices. Known as the premier golf centre in the South of England some of the facilities are a 30 Bay Floodlit Driving Range, a large practice bunker and Cranfield Golf Academy qualified PGA professionals.
- Virgin Active Health Club which offers day/weekly memberships is located right next to the golf club.
- Horse riding is 10 minutes drive, Woodlands Stables has been under the same ownership for over 35 years. The riding instructors are exceptional having both the qualifications and the dedication to teaching. They are proud of their well behaved and schooled horses and ponies. Individual or group lessons can be booked. In addition there are pony days for children during the school holidays for all ages and abilities.